Monday, July 7, 2008

Ready, Set...........Go!


Well, I guess I'm going to do it (everyone else does) - so much for resisting temptation! I'm going to be a blogger!

Here is a picture of myself and my sweet husband, Barry Platts!
We were married on June 10, 2006 and then sealed in the St. George Temple on June 24, 2006 - yes, 2 weeks AFTER our civil marriage! It's a great story!!




"Girls Night Out"!

The girls and I decided we needed to spend a couple of days together before Nikki, AJ, Mayli and Tori move to Provo, Utah and Megan, Ivan and baby to be move to St. George, Utah (Not a good topic for grammie).










So we went to a resort in Scottsdale and played and laughed and swam and ATE and laughed some more! Oh, how I love these girls! (We invited Lanny also, but for some reason (???) he didn't want to come!




Here we are, pretending that we are at Disneyland! Nikki said it wasn't Disneyland without churros, so we made a pit stop at Costco and bought some churros!










An update on my kids for those of you who might be a bit behind!


Jennifer (Barry's daughter) lives in Salt Lake City and works for a Realty Company called "Sold by an Angel" She really enjoys it and is doing well! These are her Babies, aNgEl & BuFfY








Nikki is married to AJ Nielson and has 2 girls, Mayli Ann - 3 and Tori Lynn - 1. They are getting ready to move to Provo, so AJ can continue his education. We are really proud of him for being accepted into BYU's Business Finance Master's program! SORRY - I don't have a current picture with AJ in it!











Lanny is living in Show Low working as a contractor. He has his contractors license and keeps very busy working with his dad.
He is always there for us, supporting us in every little thing we do!











Megan is married to Ivan Hancock and they are expecting their first baby in January 09. They live in St. George, Utah, where Ivan will attend Dixie College.











Jessica is married to Shane Hamblin and they live in Lakeside, Arizona. Shane is preparing to work at the power plant in Springerville and Jessica works for Dr. Robert Flake.











Catherine will be a Senior at Higley High School next year and will be going to the East Valley Institute of Technology to get her certificate in massage therapy. I can't believe my baby is a senior.
She is NOT happy about being the only child left at home.

2 comments:

Jody said...

Lori...you look great! I am so excited that you have joined the blogging bandwagon! I can't believe how much your kids have grown! I would not have recognized ANY of them!!! Sounds like the are all doing very well! I was home for 4th of July... we had so much fun! Sometimes I sure miss the small town feel of things!

Veleda said...

Thanks Lori for sharing your blog. Love the pictures of you and the girls.....Love that Lanny too. Those Granddaughters are so adorable. I can imagine your sorrow in having them leave. So glad you are blogging now so I can keep up with all of you

Catherine & JP Prom 2009

Megan's Baby Shower!

Thanksgiving 2008

Catherine is 18!

Utah 2008